Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vacation days

Well, the plan to take 10 minutes a day hasn't worked. I've taken a vacation today and tomorrow to work on my room. So far, I've taken pictures of a couple projects and it's about 2:30 p.m. "What has she been doing?!" you say? I left the house about 8:30 a.m., got breakfast, and then drove to the Habitat for Humanity's Restore to see if I can find used cabinets for my room. They didn't have what I was looking for but it was fun to look around. They had a couple old (60's) sewing machines with tables.

After that, I walked around the mall. It was so nice to walk around without the stroller and not have to say "Let go please... Let go please..." I bought Little Girl a couple new PJ's and some cute jeans from Children's Place. Then I went to the book store and bought Diane Gaudynski's "Quilt Savvy." I've read good things about her book and I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, so now I own it. :)

Okay, now on to the pictures. The first picture is of a few of the blocks that I made at a mystery quilt class with one of the guilds back in March. It was the first class I've taken and it was really fun. The directions were to pick a light, dark, and medium (suggestions were given) and do some pre-cuts. The pattern is called a Split 9 Patch. I love how the colors turned out. Once the room is together, the quilt will come together.


The next project is an Attic Window class being taught by Peg Bingham. Here are my fabric choices. Next is the EQ6 version of what it might to look like...



It might be a bit too much orange? What do you think? We'll see what Peg suggests.

Well, it's time to get working on the room... I'll share pics of the transformation... whenever it gets completed. :-p


No comments: