Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! My day started out with Hubby getting the little girl up, hearing some paper wrestling, and whispering. This only leads to something cute, seeing this little body carrying a bag about as big as her "Here Mommy!" she says. She hands me the card. It's a cute little card with birds that she colored "Pink and Orange Mommy!" The card went along with the present, it's an Oriole bird feeder. What? Yup, an Oriole bird feeder. Apparently Hubby was walking down the gardening aisle when she screamed for it. It's orange, she loves orange. It is now filled and sitting on the railing of our back deck waiting for a hanger.

Later at breakfast, she was being a bit of a handful. One of her little habits that drives me crazy is to have her foot up on the table, while she's eating. After several requests for "foot removal", Hubby looked at her and asked, "is this how today is going to go?" With this question, Little Girl tilted her head to think... "Ummm, I think so!" We bust out laughing. And she lived up to that comment for the day.

In the end, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I love being a mother.

No comments: