Friday, April 11, 2008

Dreams

Last night I had a dream that made me happy and then made me sad. A girlfriend of mine is pregnant with #3 and is due any day now. In my dream, she had a healthy baby girl, 10 lbs (she has big kids), and her name started with a "C" (all I saw was the "C"). We were all happy for her...

Now the sad part... I saw my girlfriend's father crying and gave him a hug. He said he was said because this is the last birthday he will see. Let me back up a minute and mention that last summer he was diagnosed with cancer. I'm not completely sure of severity but to my understanding he was on a intense course of chemo. Unfortunately my girlfriend has moved across the country and I haven't been a good friend about keeping in touch, so I don't really know where he is in his battle. This dream really made me sad for her and I wanted to give her a hug when I woke up.

My only hope is that the first part of my dream comes true...

No comments: